Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Networking Axiom display to eSeries
03-20-17, 11:50 AM
Networking Axiom display to eSeries
My current setup is an e127, e125, super hd open array radar, ray70 w/ AIS and ray52, evolution autopilot w/ p70R, CP370, and RMK-9, all networked together.

I plan to purchase both the axiom 9 with the realvision transducer and the Flir M200.

If I network the axiom and m200 into the setup, will the two different operating systems (Lighthouse 2 vs 3) create issues on the network with the data provided by my setup? I understand the realvision will not be able to be displayed on the eSeries until lighthouse 3 becomes available for it, but I'm wondering what other issues I may run in to until the software is updated.

Also, once lighthouse 3 does become available for the eSeries, will they be able to display the m200 clearcruise technology like they can display realvision through the axiom?

Last question... will the RMK-9 be able to control the axiom display when the remote control update is made to the lighthouse 3 software?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lynn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-17, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-17 12:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Networking Axiom display to eSeries
Lynn,

Q. If I network the axiom and m200 into the setup, will the two different operating systems (Lighthouse 2 vs 3) create issues on the network with the data provided by my setup? I understand the realvision will not be able to be displayed on the eSeries until lighthouse 3 becomes available for it, but I'm wondering what other issues I may run in to until the software is updated.
A. MFDs running LightHouse II software and LightHouse 3 software may not be interfaced to one another. Should one attempt to interface MFDs running both of these operating systems to the same Ethernet Network, then the MFDs will alert the operators to the incompatibility and then shut the system down. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Following the release of and subsequent installation of LH3 for a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the AXIOM MFDs may be interfaced to a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply