Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E70153 as a start to a growing system
03-29-17, 09:53 AM
E70153 as a start to a growing system
Hi. I bought the E70153 wind/speed/depth package utilizing i50 and i60 displays. It comes with short Seatalk cables only - no power or backbone. It is the start of a system that eventually will have a MFD, radar and AIS. What do I need to buy to do the install of the E70153 system with future expansion in mind? Can I daisy chain the displays together using the supplied Seatalk cables and buy the backbone starter kit T70134 to supply power to the system? This would be similar to the diagram of the "basic system" in the installation manual, but would have the displays attached to the backbone as a group instead of individually.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-17, 01:18 PM
RE: E70153 as a start to a growing system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gbernard,

It is indeed possible to daisy chain up to three i50/i60 instruments within a single spur as long as the total length of the SeaTalkng Spur Cables used to daisy chain these devices and link them to a spur socket within the backbone (in this case a SeaTallkng 5-Way Connector) does not exceed 6 meters. This simple backbone which you will be creating may then be expanded to support adding other devices having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface to the SeaTalkng backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply