Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Several Axiom questions
04-13-17, 01:17 AM
Several Axiom questions
Q1. What are the dimensions of the different Realvision 3D transducers? They're not listed on the respective product pages.

Q2. Navionics' compatibility guide indicates that the Axiom MFDs are not compatible with Navionics Platinum+ (3D and satellite overlays). Is this really true? If so, will compatibility be added in a future update?
https://www.navionics.com/usa/support/co...ity-guides

Q3. If I wish to use RayView and RayControl on my tablet with an Axiom MFD, do I need to connect to the WiFi hotspot generated by the Axiom? Or can I connect to an external WiFi network, connect the Axiom to the same external WiFi network, and connect my tablet to the Axiom that way? (The first method forces me to switch WiFi networks every time I wanted to switch my tablet between chartplotter and Internet. The second method lets me use the tablet for both chartplotter and Internet simultaneously.)

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-17, 03:20 PM
RE: Several Axiom questions
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Solandri,

Q1. What are the dimensions of the different Realvision 3D transducers? They're not listed on the respective product pages.
A1. The RV-100 3D Transom Transducer Installation instructions may be downloaded here. These instructions include dimensional data for the RV-100 3D Transom Transducer. The documentation for thru-hull 3D transducer (which would contain the requested information) has not yet been released. When released, the corresponding transducer installation documents will be available here.

Q2. Navionics' compatibility guide indicates that the Axiom MFDs are not compatible with Navionics Platinum+ (3D and satellite overlays). Is this really true? If so, will compatibility be added in a future update?
https://www.navionics.com/usa/support/co...ity-guides
A2. Our plan is to offer most, if not all of the capabilities of our LightHouse II software, in LightHouse 3. That being said, there are literally hundreds of different features that must be recreated on the new system and that takes a significant amount of time and testing. Navionics Platinum+ cartography will indeed be supported within the initial release of LightHouse 3 software for Axiom MFDs. However, support for the 3D underwater cartography within Navionics Platinum+ cartography will not be featured in the initial release of LightHouse 3 software for Axiom MFDs. We are aware that the 3D Chart feature is very important to our customers and will work to make it available as soon as possible.

Q3. If I wish to use RayView and RayControl on my tablet with an Axiom MFD, do I need to connect to the WiFi hotspot generated by the Axiom? Or can I connect to an external WiFi network, connect the Axiom to the same external WiFi network, and connect my tablet to the Axiom that way? (The first method forces me to switch WiFi networks every time I wanted to switch my tablet between chartplotter and Internet. The second method lets me use the tablet for both chartplotter and Internet simultaneously.)
A3. The initial release of LightHouse 3 for Axiom MFDs will not include support for Raymarine's Mobile Apps. We are aware that the Raymarine Mobile Apps very important to our customers and will work to make it available as soon as possible. When available, it is likely that the mobile device's Wi-Fi will need to be connected directly to the Axiom MFD's Wi-Fi SSID as is presently the case for Raymarine's Wi-Fi equipped a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.
05-07-17, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-17 10:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Any update on Wi-Fi for the Raymarine Axiom? I haven't been able connect either my Phone or my Tablet.
05-08-17, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-17 10:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Stan,

Q1. Any update on Wi-Fi for the Raymarine Axiom? I haven't been able connect either my Phone or my Tablet.
A1. The RayRemote, RayControl, and RayView apps are not compatible with LightHouse 3 software. New apps and LightHouse 3 software enhancements will need to occur to permit those running Axiom MFDs to use their smartphones and tablets as they had with MFDs running LightHouse II software and the RayRemote, RayControl, and RayView apps. Per my last response within this thread, the initial release of LightHouse 3 for Axiom MFDs will not include support for Raymarine's Mobile Apps. We are aware that the Raymarine Mobile Apps very important to our customers and will work to make it available as soon as possible. Should the software update pace follow that of prior LightHouse software updates, then updates to LightHouse 3 software would occur at approximate four month intervals. As with prior LightHouse software update, each future LightHouse 3 software update is expected to add new features to those provided within the prior LightHouse 3 software update.