Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata
04-27-17, 08:00 AM
RE: Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata
sailjumanji,

Q1. The daisy-chained ST60+ Wind and Smartpilot are cabled to the other white connector on the converter.
A1. If the SeaTalk bus has been interfaced to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converte as you have described, please note that this not correct. The yellow SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is designed to interfaced to the SeaTalk bus. Additionally, the SeaTalk bus should receive power from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's yellow SeaTalk socket. Accordingly, care must be taken to ensure that the SeaTalk bus is not being powered from another source (ex. the red terminal of the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port. Failure to ensure that the SeaTalk bus has been powered in this manner may result in a ground loop occuring. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. When I go into depth calibration mode for the i50 Tridata, it allows me to set "feet or meters", and then the offset, but then immediately back to feet/meters. There is no choice to enable the alarm - it skips that step. So first question is what can I do to enable using the shallow water depth alarm?
A2. Has the i50 Tridata instrument been directly interfaced to the depth transducer? Has the i50 Tridata instrument been configured as the Depth master? What version of software is installed within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter?

Q3. Second question - hooked up this way, will the ST60+ wind be able to get the boat speed data so that true wind can be displayed? The i50 Tridata boat speed coming into the converter as Seatalkng data would then have to flow to ST60+ Wind as Seatalk data?
A3. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's function is to bridge data between the SeaTalk bus and the SeaTalkng backbone. Accordingly, should a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update have been installed, then speed data from the SeaTalkng backbone to which the i50 Tridata (with speed transducer interfaced to the Tridata and the Tridata configured as the Speed master) has been interfaced will be made available to devices on the SeaTalk bus (ex. ST60+ Wind, etc.).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replace ST60 Tridata with i50 Tridata - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-27-17 08:00 AM