Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C80 GPS, speed, temp and FF info not displaying
05-13-17, 08:31 AM
C80 GPS, speed, temp and FF info not displaying
Bringing the boat out for the season, my C80 MDF was not receiving a GPS position fix but the chart was working and was showing the boat position on the chart.

Also, the C80 was not able to display speed, water temp or fishfinder information.

I did have batteries replaced and wonder if the C80 reset itself and has reverted to some default setting. I should note that my waypoints are still stored so the reset may not have happened. My tri-data is also not showing speed and depth.

Any thoughts on where to start diagnosing the issue?

Thanks

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-17, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-17 03:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: C80 GPS, speed, temp and FF info not displaying
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ddfour1,

Q1: Bringing the boat out for the season, my C80 MDF was not receiving a GPS position fix but the chart was working and was showing the boat position on the chart.
A1: This statement features inconsistencies. While it is possible for a MFD to display chart data without receiving a GPS position FIX, the vessel's position will not be plotted unless the MFD is receiving a GPS position FIX.

Q2: Also, the C80 was not able to display speed, water temp or fishfinder information. I did have batteries replaced and wonder if the C80 reset itself and has reverted to some default setting. I should note that my waypoints are still stored so the reset may not have happened. My tri-data is also not showing speed and depth.
A2: Is the MFD interfaced to a DSM250, DSM30, or DSM300? If so, examine its Status LED to verify that the DSM is powered ON. If so, and the boat is in the water, and the problem persists, then please respond with the color of the DSM's LED, its flash interval, and flash code (see the troubleshooting section of the DSM's Installation Guide).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply