Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion MFDs
03-10-16, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-16 01:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Companion MFDs
Dennis,

Q1) So if I have no charts in the companion MFD my charts from the other MFD should show up?
A1) If you have configured the Chart pages/panes within the companion MFD to display select the same type of charts programmed onto the chart card within the other MFD (this MFD must be powered ON), then the companion MFD should indeed be capable of displaying charts from the other MFD.

Q2) Or should I put the LightHouse chip in the MFD then the navionics from my other MFD will show up?
A2) The c/e/eS-Series MFDs each have two microSD memory card reader slots. The chart cards may be inserted within the reader of either MFD or one (or two) may be inserted within the reader of each MFD. Again, cartography will be shared between the MFD's if,
- the criteria specified within my prior response have been satisfied, and
- both MFDs are switched ON, and
- the Chart application pages/panes of each MFD have been configured to show the one of the types of cartography which are within the microSD memory card readers of the MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Companion MFDs - DennisC - 03-09-16, 02:32 PM
RE: Companion MFDs - DennisC - 03-10-16, 10:36 AM
RE: Companion MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-10-16 01:23 PM
RE: Companion MFDs - DennisC - 03-11-16, 08:12 AM