Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Hull Transducer
06-12-17, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-17 08:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: In Hull Transducer
Chuck,
I just checked to see which transducer selections were available on this A127. Transducer set up was done by the previous owner, with the current internal 2D sonar transducer selected being P58/P65/P66, which is probably the default.
There is no selection available for the currently installed P74 puck. I just changed the selection to the P79, to see if that will improve running performance. To answer your questions, currently, while running at low speeds (8MPH & below) it rarely marks anything while in auto. I have to get the sensitivity in the 80s to mark anything. Additionally, from the surface down to about 3 feet, the screen is useless, filled with clutter and nothing adjustable, makes a difference. While on plane, I can maintain a bottom return until about 45MPH, but only in calm water. With any chop, the bottom return and digital read out is intermittent at best.
I've read numerous theories on ping rate and speed for all electronics Mfgs and they're suggestions range from 14 to 26, which is the default for this unit. Any tweaking tips, would be appreciated.
My bow unit, an A128 is in Nashua now for warranty repair, as you suggested.
Appreciate all your help and quick responses.
Thanks,
Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
In Hull Transducer - Natch - 06-11-17, 09:13 AM
RE: In Hull Transducer - Natch - 06-12-17 07:00 PM
RE: In Hull Transducer - Natch - 06-13-17, 10:31 AM
RE: In Hull Transducer - Natch - 06-13-17, 08:53 PM