Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Chart options
06-19-17, 04:21 PM
Photo E120 Chart options
Hello,

I have dual (Command bridge and cabin) 2005 E120's with 2006 2Gb CF Navionics Chart card. I would like to update the charts to the most current. I need west coast of USA and Canada.

I am getting conflicting information on whether the E120 will support cards higher than 2GB. One company says I need to buy Navionics + World map and then selectively load on to a 2GB card. Another company says I can use the Navionics CF update card and update my current charts or purchase the Navionics + CF card for US/Canada which is a 16GB CF card I believe. I also need to know if i need a chart card in each E120 or whether I can just use one card in the master display. Right now I have 2 cards.
I have attached pictures of the chart memory card and unit info.

Thanks very much!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-17, 12:56 PM
RE: E120 Chart options
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum SeaPav,

Should E-Series MFDs be interfaced to one another via an Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) network, then the MFDs will share cartography. Within such systems, a single chart card would typically be used with the system and it may reside within the memory card reader of either MFD.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Accordingly, it is recommended that a Navionics+ (NAV+) chart card be used with your MFD and that the recommendations specified within the referenced Navionics FAQ be followed. Afterwards, should the MFD either not be able to display the Navionics nautical charts or be very sluggish to respond chart ranging or panning operations, then it would be recommended that the total quantity of nautical charts stored on the Navionics+ chart card be reduced to less than 2GB. Navionics support can offer assistance with the latter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply