Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFD does it see ducer
08-06-17, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-17 09:13 PM by Kingfisher.)
MFD does it see ducer
I have a C127 connected to a B744V and the transducer does not show in the list of transducers to select from when I pull up the select transducer screen. Any help would be appreciated.

The unit also shows the bottom at 30 to 50' when I'm in deeper water and displays red vertical stripes-why. See photo.

Lastly, I do not get a temp reading.

Thank you for the assistance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-17, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-17 03:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: MFD does. It see ducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kingfisher,

Based upon the information printed on the transducer's tag, it is a Raymarine B744V transducer, but does not appear to be a B744V which Airmar had designed for use with Raymarine fishfinding products. Per Airmar's transducer Cross Reference, it appears that it is a version of the B744V which was designed for use with Furuno or JRC fishfinding equipment rather than for use with Raymarine fishfinders. You may want to consider contacting Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)), as the -4 variant of the transducer is not listed within the aforementioned cross reference. You may also want to consider sending the MFD to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be benchchecked with a compatible transducer to verify that its internal fishfinder circuity is operational.
08-28-17, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-17 12:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: MFD does it see ducer
Thank you sir
08-29-17, 12:53 PM
RE: MFD does it see ducer
You're welcome.