Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS 650 failure?
08-29-17, 11:42 AM
AIS 650 failure?
I have a system with an e125, SPX30 Course Controller,, 2 x i70, and p70 control head. Wind, depth, speed and AIS STng, all connected to the ITC-5 converter, which goes through the backbone to an ST1 converter with a spur to the SPX30 and e125.

Until 2 weeks ago all worked well. The system was originally set up by Raymarine with an AIS 350, but that was upgraded to an AIS 650 transceiver and splitter in February 2017 by a Raymarine dealer in Ft. Lauderdale.

When I came on the boat this time, none of the transducer information was getting to the system, with no data on the i70s or the p70 auto pilot. After some troubleshooting, I found that removing the STng cable from the AIS 650 to the ITC-5 middle white port, solved all my problems, except of course there were no AIS targets on the MFD.

It seems to me to be an AIS hardware problem. Is this a common issue? Do you have any suggestions other than hardware repair? Where can I send the AIS 650 for testing/repair/replacement?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-17, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-17 01:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AIS 650 failure?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jbgean,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing AIS troubleshooting. It is recommended that you examine the MFD's Select Devices list to ensure that 1) to verify that the AIS650 has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update and if not update its software via the AIS650's SD memory card slot. Should you have addressed the items within the FAQ and the AIS650 software and should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the AIS650 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center (follow the links) to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply