The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mfd selection
09-08-17, 02:23 PM
mfd selection
I presently have a C120W mfd and a C90W mfd along with an older Furuno radar and an Autohelm 6000. Looking to replace and upgrade. I live aboard my LeComte Fastnet 45 yawl and sail coast of Maine in the summer and Bahamas/Caribbean in the winter. Essentially, lower power consumption of new Raymarine mfd's and quantum radar are very important for me. Present thought is that going with Quantum radar wireless would save me a lot of the installation costs along with price difference of $1000 ($1500 for quantum vs $2500 for HD digital.) Savings on installation and price difference between quantum and HD digital radome gives me around $1500-$2000 to purchase new 12" and 7" mfd. Might be able to add a little more $$$ but not much. Looking at buying refurbished units from Raymarine but need direction/recommendation as to differences between C series, E series, eS series and ??. Last, a couple of other considerations - want to add Weather (sirius xm and GRIB) and AIS (overlay on chart). Would be nice to interface autohelm with navigational mfd but assume none of it would be salvagable to use with new electronics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
mfd selection - jack bullock - 09-08-17 02:23 PM
RE: mfd selection - jack bullock - 09-23-17, 06:08 PM