Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning
10-16-17, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-19 10:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning
Neil,

Q1. So, my thinking is that I could:
- connect “spur” 1) to Seatalkng to Seatalk converter #1
- connect “spur” 2) including L760 mfd to Seatalkng to Seatalk converter #2
- connect “spur” 4) being RL80C only into to Seatalkng to Seatalk converter #3
A1. This appears to be correct.

Q2. I would then connect the new ACU400, the new EV-1, the new P70S controller, and the RS130 GPS to 4 of the 6 available Seatalkng slots, blank off the remaining 2 Seatalkng slots, connect the 3 converters with 2 seatalkng backbone cables and blank off either end of the Seatalkng “connector bus”.
A2. SeaTalkng Blanking Plugs would not be used the backbone's two end sockets. A matching blue colored SeaTalkng Termination Plug will be used for these two sockets.

Q3. Do the separately powered MFD’s/radar contravene the requirement that Seatalk devices connected to a Seatalkng bus must not be powered?
A3. No. As hsb/hsb2 Pathfinder Series Displays are not designed to supply power to a SeaTalk bus via their respective SeaTalk sockets.

Q4. How do I check the s/w version for my 1 existing Seatalkng to Seatalk converter? After the ST-STng Converters and the autopilot control head are installed, then the About System (accessed via the control head's diagnostics menu) will specify the version of software within each device having a SeaTalkng communications interface within the system. As this system does not feature a Raymarine MFD having a SeaTalkng communications interface, you may want to consider requesting that the dealer verify that all SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters (including any that you may now own) and that your autopilot components have all been updated with the latest software before leaving the store.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] 400G AST, ST6001+ auto pilot system malfunctioning - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-16-17 03:55 PM