Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] axiom screen freeze
10-08-17, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-18 02:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] axiom screen freeze
Hi I have an axiom 9 and when I run the full screen mode for the charts then switch to any other fish finder screen they lock up and I have to re-boot to get them to work
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-17, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-17 01:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: axiom screen freeze
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gmckenzie,

It is recommended that the MFD's software be updated with latest available Raymarine product software update and that a System Settings Reset (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->SETTINGS RESET) be performed to address the reported issue. Should the problem persist, then please that a photo of the chart card's label and attach it to your response to this post. Please additionally specify the models of any fishfinder transducers and any fishfinder sounder modules which have been interfaced to this Axiom MFD.
10-16-17, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-17 03:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Did the upgrade and the extra step of a settings re-set and that did the trick, no more screen freeze.

Thank you
10-30-17, 09:11 AM
Just FYI,
My screen is back to freezing after using the chart as full screen for runs of 5-10 min. I performed the update and reset last time and it seemed to take care of the problem so it doesn't happen every time, but I had to re-boot 3 times yesterday to unfreeze all but the chart screen yesterday.
10-30-17, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-17 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
gmckenzie,

Please take a photo of the chart card's label and attach it to your response to this post. Please additionally specify the models of any fishfinder transducers and any fishfinder sounder modules which have been interfaced to this Axiom MFD. Finally, when Home->Settings is commanded, what version of software is specified for your Axiom MFD?
10-31-17, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-17 10:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ok, please find attached the photo of the Navionics card. The fishfinder is an Axiom 9" (E70367 0570601) with RV-100 transducer. The software version currently loaded on the Axiom is 3.2.97
10-31-17, 01:48 PM
gmckenzie,

We have been unable to duplicate the reported problem using the v3.2.97 software update. Please note that the Navionics Nav+ chart card bundled with your MFD is eligible for one year of free Navionics Freshest Data updates upon registering the Navionics Nav+ chart card with Navionics. If you have not already done so, it is recommended that the chart card's contents be erased via the Navionics Chart Installer program and that this same program then be used to populate the Navionics Nav+ chart card with the Freshest Data updates (to include nautical charts and sonar charts) for the region where you will be boating.
10-31-17, 03:45 PM
Thanks, I have loaded Navionics freshest data several times since purchasing
10-31-17, 03:46 PM
Did you erase the chart card's contents prior to adding Freshest Data?
01-18-18, 06:02 PM
ok, so my screen is still freezing except for the map view. Most recently I was running a 3 image split screen, map / 3d / side imaging and the 3D and side imaging screens froze when I was at speed making a run to the next spot. The only way for me to get them un-frozen is to re-boot the unit. I tried re-loading the maps from a blank disc as previously suggested but that didn't help.
It almost seems like the cpu can't handle the fast moving screens and locks up, except the only screen that still functions is the navionics maps screen, which makes me question why you keep pointing to the navionics card when that is the only screen that does continue to work at speed.