Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] i60 True wind not working
01-09-18, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-18 02:09 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] i60 True wind not working
Mick,

Per our phone conversation and previous post, only the yellow and shield lead of the SeaTalk cable will be used in the SeaTalk cable which is connected to the ST4000+ should be used.

Also per our phone conversation, the i60 Wind instrument will not display True Wind if the required data items (Apparent Wind, Heading, and STW) are not available to the i60 Wind Instrument. You can verify whether these items are present on the backbone by configuring one of the MFD Data application panels to display the following data items:
- Apparent Wind (both speed and direction)
- True Wind (both speed and direction)
- Speed (STW), not COG
- Heading

Should any of the above listed data items have a value of -.-, or ---, then True Wind cannot be calculated and the value of the True Wind data item specified by the MFD will be reported as dashes. Should the MFD report --- for the Heading data item, then the ST4000+ is not communicating with the SeaTalkng backbone via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The latter may be the result of any of the following:
- fault within the cable connecting the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to the ST4000+'s SeaTalk port ... test for continuity on only the cable's shield (ground & data leads)

- fault within the ST4000+'s SeaTalk communications circuitry ... ... would need to interface to another device capable of displaying heading data and having a SeaTalk communications interface. Alternatively, the ST4000+ may be interfaced via SeaTalk to the i50 Tridata and then configured to display Depth. If -.- is reported for Depth by the ST4000+, yet depth is displayed on the i50 Tridata, then there would appear to be a fault with the ST4000+'s SeaTalk communications interface. Raymarine can no longer service ST4000+ autopilots. Rather than using the autopilot's SeaTalk communications interface, it may be possible (I'll have to research) its NMEA 0183 communications interface.

- fault within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter ... recommend sending the ST-STng Converter to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] i60 True wind not working - hwturn - 10-14-17, 04:05 PM
RE: [CA] i60 True wind not working - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-09-18 02:06 PM