Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Radom reboots but only when gain is in offshore mode
10-16-17, 08:56 PM
RE: Digital Radom reboots but only when gain is in offshore mode
thanks Chuck, I will check it out this weekend. In the meantime I ran the boat in Harbour mode only and after about two hours it crashed and I got the “no data source” and it would randomly restart and crash and finally gave up the ghost and would not restart...then I let it sit for a couple of hours and it ran fine until I had to leave, so not exclusive to mode. A few other things I checked and the results below if it changes your recommendation at all:

1. I ran the systems diagnostics and under devices the radar did not show up, but on the seatalk HS switch the data light for the radar was blinking and under radar setup menu it still showed the 4kw radar.
2. Ran the scanner self test and the cables test data showed a failure but then the radar started to warm up on its own and once it was warmed up it switched to pass. Then after it crashed again a shp sensor failure showed but again after it warmed up then switched back to pass. At one point both were showing as failure and then changed to pass after warmup (might have been after I pressed transmit).

So let’s assume I don’t get the right voltage at the array, is it as simple as replacing the cable? If I do get the right voltage it’s off to the bench.

Thanks,

Jon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Radom reboots but only when gain is in offshore mode - jscname - 10-16-17 08:56 PM