Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting SG2 Smartpilot to NMEA 2000 and New Network
10-24-17, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-17 08:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Converting SG2 Smartpilot to NMEA 2000 and New Network
moonzy1,

Q1. I am confused though. The actisnese is not supposed to be connected this way?
This is what raymarine tech support told me to do.
A1. The technician was likely making the point that should it additionally be desired that the MFD receive 10Hz heading updates, that the S2G's NMEA 0183 OUT1 port alone may be interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via the Actisense NGW-1.

Q2. The Axiom still does not see the autopilot but it does see the heading sensor.
A2. The Autopilot Controls feature of MFDs running LightHouse 3 software requires that the MFD be interfaced to an Evolution Autopilot. This will be reflected within the MFD's transducer status, which will indicate No (compatible) Pilot detected. Should you desire to operate you autopilot in Auto mode, then you will need to command it into that mode via the autopilot control head. However, should the should the MFD be commanded into navigation mode (i.e. commanded to Go To a Waypoint / Cursor Position or to Follow a Route), then the associated navigational data should be transmitted to the autopilot via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The autopilot control head's buttons would then be used to command your legacy autopilot into Track mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Converting SG2 Smartpilot to NMEA 2000 and New Network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-24-17 08:52 AM