Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erratic output from ACU 400
11-01-17, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-17 09:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Erratic output from ACU 400
The ACU 400: v2.23
EV1: v2.18
p70s: v3.07
All softwares have been updated using the wifi link.

I also having a problem with the itc5 on the network which is giving me two fault messages on the leds. The speed/temp led is showing vessel speed time out and the speed through the water is under reading by up to 40%. The wind led is showing wind speed time out and no windspeed was being shown using the r28170 short arm transducer. I have changed this to the long arm transducer, not sure of the serial number on this one, and now the wind speed is reeling up and down between 15-90 knots.
On the first passage we made with the new electronics, the autopilot started off working very smoothly but half way through the passage started this jerky movement getting progressively more noticable and now on the dock is becoming violent.
We tried to get the pilot to sail to the windvane and set this on the short cut key. When we tried to use this it showed the correct wind angle on the display but when engaged would just steer to full lock in the wrong direction.
I tried exchanging the itc5 and got the same led fault lights.
Do you think that the two issues are connected?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Erratic output from ACU 400 - Andy Laws - 10-31-17, 11:40 AM
RE: Erratic output from ACU 400 - Andy Laws - 11-01-17 08:31 AM