Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom with RMK-10 remote
11-02-17, 04:11 PM
Axiom with RMK-10 remote
Hi, I would like to have two Axiom displays side by side in my electronics console. I do not have space for two Axiom Pro units but can fit two Axiom Touch displays. I would add one RMK-10 remote to control both displays, is there a need to install a remote for each display as the one remote will control both? Will this give the same functionality as two Axiom Pro's? Would it actually be better to install two Axiom Touch panels instead of two Axiom Pros's given that the RMK-10 will operate both? How well would the RMK-10 remote control two display screens and the autopilot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-17, 10:03 AM
RE: Axiom with RMK-10 remote
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Cloud Nine,

Q1. Is there a need to install a remote for each display as the one remote will control both?
A1. No. The RMK-9/10 Remote Keypad may be used to control each networked MFD which the remote keypad has been paired with.

Q2. Will this give the same functionality as two Axiom Pro's?
A2. With respect to controlling the MFDs, yes.

Q3. Would it actually be better to install two Axiom Touch panels instead of two Axiom Pros's given that the RMK-10 will operate both?
A3. The advantage of installing two Remote Keypads within the system you have described is that a keypad may be dedicated to a specific MFD. Doing so would eliminate the need to command the keypad with respect to which of the MFD which it will be controlling. This would translate into potentially quicker response due to less button presses.

Q4. How well would the RMK-10 remote control two display screens and the autopilot?
A4. It is my personal observation that the quickest way to interact with the autopilot would be (in order of quickest interaction) 1) via an autopilot control head, 2) via the Axiom / Axiom Pro MFD's user interface, 3) via a wireless autopilot remote control, and 4) via a RMK-9 / RMK-10.
11-05-17, 10:03 AM
Thank you Chuck.
11-06-17, 08:47 AM
You're welcome.