Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Suggestion for new feature
12-13-17, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-17 10:17 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Suggestion for new feature
As a practical matter, there is a big difference in the need to stay clear of large commercial vessels versus small recreational vessels. When in open water, I try to stay at least 0.5-1.0 nm from large vessels, but I don't care if I get much closer to small recreational vessels in harbors, marinas, and mooring fields. Regarding the latter, I especially don't worry about close approaches to stationary recreational vessels (many keep their AIS transmitting even when docked). In many marinas, it is a target rich environment and the constant alarming is annoying and useless.

On my e95 MFD, I can clearly see different symbols for large vs small vessels (probably based upon Class A vs B, I guess). How about allowing users to set different distance/alarm criteria for the two classes? This would be much safer, less confusing, and result in fewer useless alarms.

Thanks for your consideration.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-17, 10:20 AM
RE: [CA] Suggestion for new feature
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Paul,

Thanks for the feature suggestion to the AIS data processing within Raymarine's MFDs. A feature suggestion will be logged to consider your feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse II software update, as well the LightHouse 3 software and that produced for any future MFD designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
07-17-18, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 08:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Any update on this suggestion?
07-17-18, 08:27 AM
Paul,

Raymarine has not yet introduced the specified feature within a LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software update. Please note that the e-Series MFDs are exclusively designed to operate with LightHouse II software and no further software updates are expected for LightHouse 2.