Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dragonfly 7" with C-Map by Jeppesen - upgradeded the map but can i get C-Map
12-27-17, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-17 02:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Dragonfly 7" with C-Map by Jeppesen - upgradeded the map but can i get C-Map
Hi,

I bought my the Dragonfly 7" 2 years ago. I upgraded by C-Map to Raymarine LightHouse charts. I do have the C-Map serial # and the original C-Map card with the upgraded Lighthouse charts.

Is it possible for me to run my Dragonfly 7" with the original C-Map charts?

or the C-Map is lost forever?

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/njfishing1 - from Captain Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-17, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-17 02:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Dragonfly 7" with C-Map by Jeppesen - upgradeded the map but can i get C-Map
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum ray18,

With the exception of the following, Raymarine does not recommend modification of a chart card's contents:
- performing screen snapshots of the product's Chart application in support of troubleshooting a cartography / Chart application issue
- using computer to update Navionics chart cards with Navionics Freshest Data updates
- using a computer to convert a C-Map Essentials chart card to a C-Map Max+ local chart card
- adding or replacing LightHouse Charts files to a microSD memory card dedicated to the storage of LightHouse Charts files

Should one desire to:
- update the software within one's product,
- use LightHouse charts with one's product,
- backup / transfer waypoints, routes, tracks,
- backup system settings,
- save error logs,
- perform screen snapshots other than in support of cartography / Chart application issues,
- etc.
then a commonly available microSD memory card(s) having sufficient memory (up to 32GB) to store the desired data should be purchased. Such microSD memory cards are commonly available from stores selling electronics, digital cameras, or other devices using removable media.

Should the original C-Map files stored on your C-Map Essentials Chart card not have been saved to a computer or other device before they were replaced with the LightHouse Chart files, then the C-Map cartography would be permanently lost. C-Map Max chart cards may be purchased from an authorized C-Map dealer, who may also advise on the proper C-Map Max chart card for your product and the waters to be navigated. Should you not have deleted / modified the C-Map files stored on the C-Map Essentials chart card, then it would be recommended that the chart card be sent to [url= http://lightmarine.c-map.com/]C-Map Recreational Marine (800.424.2627)[/url] to be bench tested / serviced / replaced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply