Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
too much signal on my Dragonfly 5 Pro
03-29-16, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-16 03:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: too much signal on my Dragonfly 5 Pro
Crusader -
I, too, have a DF5Pro on my kayak. I am in a Hobie Pro Angler, and rather than attaching the transducer to the hull as you have done, I have it mounted over the side using a Ram transducer mount so it is completely surrounded by water. I am typically fishing much deeper than your pics show, and in extremely clear water, but don't see nearly as much "noise" in the water as you are showing. That said, the echoes look real based on their arched shape. Is there a lot of sediment in the water you fish? I was out today and by leaning over, I could clearly see things on the bottom 30 ft below and had no similar noise on my display. In deeper water I came upon baitfish schools and invertebrate hatches that showed up at depths of 100 - 200+ ft with no noise above. If nobody has a better suggestion, troubleshooting may involve ungluing the 'ducer and manually holding it over the side just to eliminate hull vibration or reverberation as a source of the problem.
Good luck!
Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: too much signal on my Dragonfly 5 Pro - Jim_MI - 03-29-16 03:21 PM