Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Legacy C80 and E80
02-07-18, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 12:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Legacy C80 and E80
Hello, I was given 2 Legacy C80 not the wide with radar and with a 250 sonar module. and a E80. I want to be able to have Radar, GPS and Sonar at all three units. Is this possible? I have the cabling to hook up one C80 to the sonar and radar. What are the part numbers of the adapters to network the 2 C80s together. I have lots of ng cabling so I dont need backbones or drop cables just the adapters. Also can I network in the E80. I think I need two of the A06048 for the C series and one of the A06061 for the E series is this correct do I need more.

Thank You
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-18, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-18 12:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Legacy C80 and E80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Marinetech_01,

While it would be possible for a Ethernet network E-Series Classic MFDs (E80, E120) to share all system data and resources, it is neither possible for a pair of C-Series Classic MFDs (C70, C80, C120) nor for a C-Series Classic MFD and E-Series Classic MFD to share all system data and resources. Communications between a C-Series Classic MFD and any other MFD (including another C-Series Classic MFD) is limited to alphanumeric GPS, instrument, system state, and navigational data via the SeaTalk or NMEA 0183 communications interfaces of these MFDs. If settling for this lesser capability, it would be recommended the MFDs each be interfaced to a powered SeaTalk (not SeaTalkng) bus.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply