Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CA] RV Transducer(s) placement help
02-15-18, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] RV Transducer(s) placement help
Thanks for the reply.
I am wondering if the rv-200 might be the way to go? While the bottom is not perfectly flat it may be able to be made flat in the approx 4" x 12" foot print of the RV 200. I am going to measure how far out of flat the bottom is this evening. I may be able to mount it on the keel forward of the water pickups ..or relocate them if needed.

Assuming clean water what is a realistic speed to expect the rv transducers to operate?

Unfortunately it is not practical to move the head through-hulls near the stern. I may be able to move them back a few feet from where they currently are and mount a RV-220 pair in front of them. This location is pretty far forward but according to Grady this location is under water when planing. Grady does list this location as a spot for shoot through transducers but I have read mixed results on installs. I need to verify deadrise here, I think it is greater than 20-25.

I want to take the time to explore all of the potential locations so I don't need to relocate later.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] RV Transducer(s) placement help - scott06903 - 02-15-18 01:25 PM