Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
True wind speed not showing on I70
02-27-18, 10:02 PM
True wind speed not showing on I70
Hi,
...just posted the question re shared Charts, but there is a second issue with my system.

Whilst the appearant wind speed is shown on the I70, I don't get any results for the "true wind" Speed.

We are moored in a marina and I haven't tried when sailing, but I don't see any reason why it doesn't show.

I am not sure whether this is important but we have no speed/depth transducer built in yet (but GPS and EV1 should tell the System that we are not moving).

My System (Axiom MFDs, Evolution 400, 3 I 70, 2 control heads for the Autopilot), wind transducer via ITC5, Quantum Radar).

Does someone have a clue as to what I could do?

Thanks,
Joachim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-18, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-18 11:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] True wind speed not showing on I70
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joachim

Based upon the equipment list described, it appears that your system does not featuer the required sensor inputs for calculating True Wind ... specifically missing is a source of speed through water data. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
02-28-18, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-18 09:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: True wind speed not showing on I70
Dear Chuck,

Thanks for the prompt reply. You are correct ... I have not mentioned the STW/Depth and Temp sounder yet as it is not installed yet.

I assume that true wind speed will be shown as soon as the transducer is installed.
03-01-18, 09:32 AM
RE: True wind speed not showing on I70
Joachim,

Q1. I assume that true wind speed will be shown as soon as the transducer is installed.
A1. After calibration of the speed through water sensor, then I would indeed expect the i70 and MFD(s) to populate the True Wind Data items, as all of the other data items specified within the previously referenced FAQ would be satisfied by the system components which you have listed.