Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Replacing MFD C120 Classic
02-28-18, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-18 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Replacing MFD C120 Classic
Looking to Replace my C120 Classic Unit that is starting to fail. My current electronics suite consists of: DSM300 Digital Sounder, Airmar Transponder M260; 125 GPS Receiver; ST6002 Smartpilot; RD218 Radome Scanner; SR50/SR100 Sirius Weather System.

What of my current electronics would be compatible if I go to the new Third Generation C125 or C127 Series MFD? Also any Compatible Units what connection to the New MFD would be required?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-18, 12:24 PM
RE: [CA] Replacing MFD C120 Classic
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kgaigler,

Q1. Looking to Replace my C120 Classic Unit that is starting to fail. My current electronics suite consists of: DSM300 Digital Sounder, Airmar Transponder M260; 125 GPS Receiver; ST6002 Smartpilot; RD218 Radome Scanner; SR50/SR100 Sirius Weather System. What of my current electronics would be compatible if I go to the new Third Generation C125 or C127 Series MFD?

A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, of the equipment which you have listed, the currently installed radome and SR50 Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver would need to be replaced.

Q2. Also any Compatible Units what connection to the New MFD would be required?
A2. The c-Series MFDs (ex. c125, c127, etc.) are compatible with any model of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. The MFD(s), replacement radome, and DSM300 would each be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch ... these products are designed to communicate with one another via an Ethernet network. To view the list of Ethernet cables and adapters, click here. The DSM300 features a SeaTalkhs socket and as such will need an adapter to be mated to a RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply