Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
06-17-18, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 10:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
Several months down the track, I'm now a little wiser about my system. It's not as I listed it above, but, in fact, is all the "entry level" equipment. I believe that this means that the analogue wind display is the T033 (~2011 vintage) and the digital display is the T030. The hull transmitter only has speed and depth inputs, and lacks a heading input.

I have fitted my Microtalk gateway and have added it successfully to the micronet network, where it appears as a "type 7" device. I have fitted my autopilot control head (p70s), which now displays wind speed, wind direction, boat speed and depth from the micronet network. I have added my mast rotation sensor and have also added it successfully to the micronet network; I know this because the autonet app read out "mast add" during the the joining process and the system shows a software version number under setup>health>mast.

I tried to view the settings or calibration options for the mast rotation sensor via the wind display but can find nothing - this is confirmed by the menu section of the wind display manual which makes no mention of a mast rotation sensor other than to tell one how to confirm that it has joined the network. The Tacktick documentation is a little vague on the topic, but it appears that I need to use a digital display display unit for the calibration. I have only the "entry level" digital display, which appears to have no compass calibration menu option.

Hypothetically, the system is able to get the boat's heading from the EV1 sensor via the Seatalkng, if the gateway sends the information via the micronet to the wind and digital displays. Also hypothetically, the mast rotation sensor can send data to the p70s unit via the micronet->gateway->Seatalkng, but I see no ability to view the mast rotation readout or calibration via the p70s. Does the p70s use the mast rotation information "behind the scenes", or is it only the wind display unit that is capable of correcting the wind vane direction output with the mast rotation offset?

So, my questions are - am I able to use the mast rotation sensor with the entry level analogue wind display? Am I able to calibrate the mast rotation sensor with my entry level digital display? Is the Microtalk gateway giving the EV-1 magnetic heading to the micronet devices for comparison with the mast rotation datum? Is the p70s capable of using the mast rotation datum via the gateway, and is it able to do a mast rotation calibration?

Regards,
Nick Murray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100 - artemidorus - 06-17-18 07:22 AM