Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
06-24-18, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 10:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
I have now obtained the mn100-2 dual digital and analogue displays and have joined them into the micronet with the new analogue display as the master. I left a mn30 digital display in the micronet. Interestingly, the mn100 analogue display found the mast rotation sensor (4-5m away) and the wind vane at the masthead ((15-16m away) without me having to place them 30cm away from the new items - I presume that the mn30 device or the microtalk gateway passed the relevant joining information on to the new devices. Is this what happened?

There was a little too much wind for me to pick up the mooring singlehanded today, so I did not use the mn100 digital display to calibrate the compass and hence the MRT. In the absence of me having done so, rotation of the mast caused large changes in the apparent wind heading, as if the MRT data is not yet being used at all. The MRT is definitely visible in the "Health" lists of all devices, as are all other nodes on the micronet. Is it the case that the compass calibration process is required to make the MRT start transmitting any data, or to make the analogue display start using it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100 - artemidorus - 06-24-18 08:00 AM