Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
01-12-19, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-19 10:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100
Hi Derek,

I sent my mast rotation sensor and analogue wind display units off to Raymarine Sydney to be checked and they confirmed that they were operational by doing a deviation calibration.

Now that I have reinstalled them, the MRS is now clearly affecting the displayed wind angle to a large degree - it is now nonsense and will vary more than 90 degrees when the boat's heading changes 15 degrees, with the mast locked on the midline. Clearly it needs an in situ deviation calibration manoeuvre to take place.

When I go to the deviation calibration page, it reads ---. When I activate the calibration process, it flashes WAIT for 10 seconds and then returns to read ---. It doesn't matter how many turns, fast or slow, I do in either direction, the deviation calibration manoeuvre never successfully completes.

The MN100 digital display is clearly receiving the heading data from the EV1 via the Microtalk gateway. The MRS details appear in the HEALTH screens of all my Raymarine wireless devices.

This remains immensely frustrating - what do I do next?

Regards,
Nick Murray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (DG) Rotating mast, Tacktick wireless and EV-100 - artemidorus - 01-12-19 10:15 PM