Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Software Updates
03-06-18, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-18 08:57 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) Software Updates
I purchased my Evolution 100 Autopilot last year but due to health issues, I am just now getting around to install. My sailing vessel does not have a MFD. Am I to assume that my only options for updating the software is:
1. Purchase a Raymarine MFD and do it myself
2. Find an authorized Raymarine dealer who is equipped to update Raymarine product software and trailer my sailboat to their location
3. Find a Certified Raymarine Installer.
4. Remove all my equipment and ship it to a Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

Is there any need to update software on the equipment as long as it operates fine?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-18, 09:05 AM
RE: (DG) Software Updates
Hi Apsaunders

Thank you for your enquiry below.

The software updates can only be carried out via a Raymarine MFD connected into the system, or through a local service agent, we can also carry this out if the equipment is returned to our service workshop.

Some customers are able to borrow an MFD locally and then it can be temporarily connected into the network and then used to update all the software in the STng network.

The Autopilot will operate just fine as purchased, if there have been updates then these usually add enhanced features, over and above standard performance. We suggest go ahead as you are currently and should you experience any issues,check the software versions and update then if necessary.

The current software versions are as follows:
P70 3.07
EV1 2.18
ACU100 2.23

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply