Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom 9rv capabilities
03-10-18, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-18 10:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom 9rv capabilities
I am interested in the new axiom 9rv. Currently have a78>a98>cp200>cpt100>cpt200. I understand lighthouse 3 will not be available for my a-series mfds (disappointing). After much reading and searching, i still have some questions.
1. Will i have need for the cp200 in regards to the axiom 9rv? I guess i am wondering what sonar is actually built into this mfd...if i use the all-in-one thru hull transducers , will i get chirp>down>side>3d imaging without additional sonar modules?
2. Why not throw a cool sticker or hat into mfd boxes for new purchases? Cam shaft producers, fishing line>reel>pole manufacters, the list goes on, all do this for much cheaper products. I think it would be great advertising for u (imagine thousands of stickers that say raymarine on thousands of boats on thousands of waterways), and customers like me would appreciate the gesture.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-18, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-18 11:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom 9rv capabilities
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Kccatfish1,

Q1a. Will i have need for the cp200 in regards to the axiom 9rv?
A1a. Unless you will be retaining the a-Series MFDs and intend to use the CP200 within a separate network with the a-Series MFDs, then there would be no need for the CP200.
Q1b. I guess i am wondering what sonar is actually built into this mfd...if i use the all-in-one thru hull transducers , will i get chirp>down>side>3d imaging without additional sonar modules?
A1b. As you have inferred, when an Axiom RV MFD or Axiom Pro RVX MFD is interfaced to a RealVisionâ„¢ 3D Transducer, then the Axiom RV MFD or Axiom Pro RVX MFD will support each of the following types of sonar imaging simultaneously within a single page, or individually within a single pane:
- 600' high CHIRP conical sonar
- DownVision
- SideVision
- RealVision

Q2. Why not throw a cool sticker or hat into mfd boxes for new purchases? Cam shaft producers, fishing line>reel>pole manufacters, the list goes on, all do this for much cheaper products. I think it would be great advertising for u (imagine thousands of stickers that say raymarine on thousands of boats on thousands of waterways), and customers like me would appreciate the gesture.
A2. Thanks for the suggestion. I will forward it to Raymarine's Marketing and Sales Teams for consideration.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply