Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Multi Generation Network
03-14-18, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-18 03:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Multi Generation Network
Steve,

Q1. If I choose to remove both transducers from the TriData, are you saying that I can view speed/depth/temp data that is supplied from the eS127 on the SeaTalkNG network? That would be great.
A1. Not quite. Should the transducers be disconnected from the Tridata display and the Tridata displays be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, then the Tridata displays will repeat depth and temperature from the other components ... the system does not presently feature a second speed through water sensing transducer and unlike ST60+ Tridata instruments, the ST60 Tridata instruments cannot be configured to display SOG instead of speed through water.

Q2. It very unfortunate that Raymarine has chosen not to implement all of the NEMA2000 PGN's and beyond that the labels feature. This puts me in a position that I would now need to purchase two Maretron displays to get this feature (one per helm). That adds $1000 to my cost, when I have two perfectly good and recent Raymarine screens, that have the potential to display this data, but choose not to. It would be nice to see this added to extend the functionality of the displays.
A2. Thanks for the comments and feature suggest. A corresponding feature request will be logged accordingly for consideration to be included within a future LightHouse 3 software update, as well as within succeeding MFD software designs.

Please click here more information concerning feature suggestions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multi Generation Network - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-14-18 01:08 PM