Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) RealVision Transducer Selection RV-200 vs RV-220
03-23-18, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-26-18 08:50 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) RealVision Transducer Selection RV-200 vs RV-220
I am having an Axiom Pro installed on my Boston Whaler 320 Outrage and I have the option of either using a single RV-200 transducer or the pair of transducers in the RV-220. The pair would be installed under the center console where Whaler has specific blocking. The single transducer would be installed further back in the boat where there is a 12" or so flat area on the center of the bottom of the boat.

My question is whether having 2 transducers will provide better performance and/or imaging and whether one configuration is better then the other, if I have a choice?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-18, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-26-18 08:55 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: (DG) RealVision Transducer Selection RV-200 vs RV-220
Hi tjdurocher

Thankyou for your enquiry

The performance will be the same from either option, the single transducer has a specific design to give an accurate and full scan and so as long as it can be mounted on a flat level surface which is horizontal when the boat is on an even keel, it is the easiest and best option.

The twin transducers are specifically intended for use on hulls with a deadrise and so the image received depends on the angle of deadrise to ensure the port and starboard images can be interlaced accurately. Further information about transducer pairs can be found here

regards
03-26-18, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-18 06:15 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you!
03-27-18, 06:16 AM
you're welcome