Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] SeatalkNG Converter
03-31-18, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-18 04:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] SeatalkNG Converter
Can you please point me to a location on the forum or answer the following question for me please.

I would to know the wire color coding of the Yellow cable that plugs into the center tap of the SeatalkNG/Seatalk converter. I was on a boat the other day with a connection setup I've not seen before. Owner was having issues with the system and I suspect it's the cause.
I always thought that Red was power, Bare/Shield was ground and yellow is data. However there were two other cores being used, white and brown.
Can you please confirm what is what.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-18, 04:42 PM
RE: [CA] SeatalkNG Converter
Welcome to Raymarine Forum PetrelMarine,

Depending upon whether the ST-STng Converter senses SeaTalk (not to be confused with SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000) communications via the ST-STng Converter's SeaTalk socket, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will act as one of the following:
- SeaTalk communications sensed ... the ST-STng Converter will function as a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng data bridge. In this configuration, Red is power, Bare/Shield is ground, and Yellow is data.
- SeaTalk communications NOT sensed ... the ST-STng Converter will function as a SeaTalkng to NMEA 0183 one way communications device to support supplying 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 GPS sentences to devices such as VHF radios and SSBs. In this configuration, Red is NMEA 0183 OUT+ and Yellow is NMEA OUT-. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply