Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Need help deciding for new boat all new electronics
04-07-18, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-18 10:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Need help deciding for new boat all new electronics
Aloha,
I'm having a new force 25' built with twin outboard suzuki 150's no skybridge. I will be mostly trolling for pelagic in Maui occasionally bottom fishing. I'd like to be around 10k. I'd can't decide dedicated chartplotter and fishfinder or MFD. I hope to get a radar for spotting those birds and I want autopilot. Any product suggestions for getting it right the first time and best bang for your buck. Mahalo !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-18, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-18 10:10 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Need help deciding for new boat all new electronics
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum slorobo,

Please be aware that Raymarine no longer produces dedicated chartplotter and dedicated fishfinders (except for Dragonfly products). For this application, we would typically recommend an Axiom MFD, or possibly two Axiom MFDs should you desire to have two separate displays. In the case of the latter, one may be configured to function as a chartplotter/radar and the other to function as a fishfinder. What is the maximum depth of the water which will be fished? What screen size(s) are you seeking (7", 9", 12", 16")?

With respect to the autopilot, does the boat feature hydraulic steering? If so, what is the cubic capacity of the steering ram? Does the boat feature 12V power distribution system.
04-13-18, 01:02 PM
Chuck, The maximum depth of the water which will be fished 4-6000'

2 units Screen size(s) 7" or 9"

With respect to the autopilot, the boat does feature hydraulic steering? the cubic capacity of the steering ram is 136.6

The boat does feature 12V power distribution system.

Thanks for your help
04-17-18, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-18 12:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
slorobo,

The challenge in this system is the maximum depth of operation. For these depths, it would typically be recommended that a CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module with a 2KW thru-hull Low-Medium CHIRP transducer such as the R109. Transducers of this size would not be typically installed on 25' vessel. As fishing will be in waters deeper than are supported by high CHIRP conical sonar, RealVision, or DownVision sonar, it would be recommended that a pair of Axiom 7 / 9 or Axiom Pro 9 MFDs lacking internal fishfinder sounder circuitry be purchased and that the system rely upon the CP570 for all sounding. Choosing Axiom MFDs rather than Axiom Pro MFDs reduce costs, but limit interaction to the MFD's touchscreen rather than touchscreen w/buttons & UniController. Should the MFDs installed within the cabin, then it would additionally be recommended that a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor be purchased and installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead.

If seeking to locate birds with radar, a RD418HD or RD424HD radome would be recommended.

With regard to autopilots, a T70330 EV-150 Hydraulic would be recommended for this application if the vessel has a 12V power distribution system.

It is recommended that a Raymarine dealer be contacted for product pricing information.
04-17-18, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-18 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Thanks for the info it helps. Due to budget, I need to compromise a bit in the system you suggested. Please advise if this system is compatible:
AXIOM PRO 9 RVX MFD W/REALVISION 3D AND 1KW CHIRP SONAR - LNC VECTOR CHART
Transducer B164 1KW 20D Tilted Element 50/200K
RD424HD 24" Radome
Ev-150 Hydraulic Autopilot System
04-18-18, 10:10 AM
slorobo,

Q. Please advise if this system is compatible:
AXIOM PRO 9 RVX MFD W/REALVISION 3D AND 1KW CHIRP SONAR - LNC VECTOR CHART
Transducer B164 1KW 20D Tilted Element 50/200K
RD424HD 24" Radome
Ev-150 Hydraulic Autopilot System

A. As long as the B164 1KW 20D Tilted Element 50/200K referenced is Raymarine's A102113 B164 1KW 20D Tilted Element 50/200K, then you should be all set. 1kW 50kHz/200kHz transducers may be adapted to be mated to the Axiom Pro RVX MFD's 1kW Transducer socket by using an A80496 Transducer Adapter Cable.