Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] e127 not recognizing radar
04-21-18, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-18 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] e127 not recognizing radar
Boat is new to me as are the electronics.. The e127 has the latest update (19) ... it would not recognize the radar before or after the update. .. The radar has power to it ... I tried to "wake it up" but was unsuccessful in getting it to function .. can you make suggestions please

Thank you . Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-18, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-18 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] e127 not recognizing radar
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
04-26-18, 06:43 AM
Thank you ... The HD Radar dome connects to the rear on the e127 vie the "raynet " plug / port. There are two of these ports on this unit and have tried them both. The connector at the rear of the e127 has a number of pins more than the connector at the HD18 Radar dome .. The Dome connector has 6 pins. .. (2 for power and 4 others ) Is there a way to check the cable ?? I have 12vdc on the two center pins. I have found continuity from the 4 outside pins to 4 pins on the e127 side . Do I need any continuity on the other pins on the e127 side ?
Thank you
04-26-18, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 08:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Tony,

Q. Is there a way to check the cable ??
A. I have noted that you have verified power through the cable. Please refer to the FAQ referenced within my initial response. The referenced FAQ included a link addressing how the Ethernet communications path may be tested from the radome to the RayNet plug which may be plugged into either of the MFD's Ethernet Network sockets. After removing the cover of the radome, you will find the Ethernet cable (terminated with a RJ45 (M) plug) which may be connected to the Ethernet tester being used. As specified within the referenced FAQ, should the loaded system power supplied to the radome be within the power specification for the radome and should the Ethernet communications path be verified, then it would be recommended that the radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.