Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] i70s will cannot switch off
04-24-18, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] i70s will cannot switch off
Purchased 2 new i70s. One can be switch off, the other one cannot.

After holding down the power on switch it counts down to OFF, gets black and after 1 sec it starts up again.

Have set to Factory set again - with no effect.
Have reloaded the SW via my Axiom 9 - with no effect.
Have changed cables ect.

What can I do further?
Rg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-18, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 08:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] i70s will cannot switch off
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RG,

Given the symptoms reported, is recommended that you verify that the bezel of the problematic i70S is not holding its power button press. This may be verified by removing the trim ring from the i70S and then testing it while the trim ring is removed. Should the problem persist when so tested, the it would be recommended that the problematic i70S be replaced by your Raymarine dealer if purchased within the last 30 days. If purchased more than 30 days ago, then the i70S should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
04-26-18, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 04:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I just checked with the bezel - without bezel and trim ring the problem resists. I unfortunately have to sendt for repair.
Rg
04-26-18, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-18 04:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Noted.