The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Identify Mercruiser on Axiom 9 via SMARTCRAFT NMEA Gateway
07-02-18, 06:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-18 04:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Identify Mercruiser on Axiom 9 via SMARTCRAFT NMEA Gateway
Hi,

I'd like to connect my Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI (2002) to the Axiom 9 RV.

My setup:

SMARTCRAFT to NMEA 2000 Gateway is connected and terminated with an 120 ohm 0,25W resistor. I installed a NMEA 2000 backbone and terminated both ends. On one drop I connected the SMARTCRAFT gateway. On another drop I connected the 12V power supply for the network. On another drop I connected the axiom via Power/NMEA.

The gateway shows, that nmea and smartcraft network works properly. I receive engine data like rpm, fuel consumption, gear etc. on the mfd, but the engine could not be identified so it shows the warning sign and brings an alert every time I start the engine. I found an option to disable engine alerts but I'm not satisfied with that.

I found some postings regarding this topic, for example:
http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=105
but I need some more explaination regarding the identification of the engine in the mfd. How do I set a nmea instance for this engine? Do I need a NMEA 2000 to USB gateway (Actisense NGT-1-USB) to read/configure the NMEA communication?

thanks a lot in advance

Dennis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Identify Mercruiser on Axiom 9 via SMARTCRAFT NMEA Gateway - goerke84 - 07-02-18 06:38 AM