The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] RV-220/Axiom Issues
07-04-18, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-18 09:15 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RV-220/Axiom Issues
I recently installed a pair of RV-220 transducers and interfaced them with an Axiom 9 running the most current Lighthouse software and have immediately run into several issues. The transducers are installed on my Contender 25 Open (24.5* deadrise) as close to the keel as possible, and are not in line with any strakes or other parts of the hull that should cause turbulent water.

1. When on a plane in even slightly choppy waters, the MFD has several times displayed a message to the effect of "No transducer connected" and stated that it needed to be restarted. Upon restarting the Axiom, everything worked again.

2. While running out to fish, I lost all depth around 500-600 feet. I ended up heading out to about 900-1000 feet and fished for a while, never regaining depth at any time until returning to about 120 feet. At trolling speeds, the depth read "-.-" and the MFD showed repeated garbled vertical lines in both sonar and downvision (see attached photos). After returning to shallow waters, all fishfinding and depth functions then returned on their own.

3. Even when in shallow waters where everything seemed to be working, in 3D mode, the 3D always seems to show a steep wall on each side of my boat, when I'm clearly over a flat, shallow bottom.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RV-220/Axiom Issues - JHH83 - 07-04-18 11:33 AM