Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Lighthouse II Diagnostics Feature
07-13-18, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 12:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse II Diagnostics Feature
Hi Tom,

Very much appreciate the detailed response. The reason I’m thinking the device is jumping in and out of the network is that the AIS 650 does not show up every time I run the diagnostics. The AIS is only device that isn’t showing, it seems very intermitten. I can run the disagnosiccs five times and the AIS will only show 2 or 3 times at most. On occasion the Marine Traffic AIS service I’m subscribing to shows that I have sailed out of range, and this has happened while in the harbor where I live in San Diego. Per your point below, maybe Marine Traffice is a bad guage on testing if my AIS is available or not. Ive had buddies of mine say I seem to disappear from AIS for short periods of time, but have no way to validate this point with data. My goal is really to determine why the AIS650 will not show on diagnostics every time and if there is a problem that needs to be resolved before I head out on a longer passage.

Ive attached the STNG/N2K log that was accumulated over a duration of approximately 5 minutes. Thanks again for any clues or other nuggets of wisdom.

Kind Regards,
Bob Millington

Attached File(s)
.log  N2K_000003.log (Size: 1.94 MB / Downloads: 255)
.log  SYSLOG_CURRENT-2018-07-13-06.log (Size: 2.66 MB / Downloads: 269)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Lighthouse II Diagnostics Feature - bobmillington@gmail.com - 07-13-18 02:05 AM