Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
07-17-18, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-18 02:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
Ed,

Q1 - yes. Trunion mounts . thats what I was looking for. Do you know the Axiom XL trunion mounts are shipping or that they might be the same dimension as the Axion Pro 16 trunion mount (doubtful, right ?)
A1 - Raymarine is not shipping Axiom XL MFDs with trunion mounts, is not presently listing them as an accessory, Raymarine has announced no plans to introduce trunion mounts for Axiom XL MFDs, and if I were to venture a guess, the expected number of requests for such may be too few to build a business case for having Raymarine produce them. If seeking Raymarine trunion mounted MFDs running LightHouse 3 software and featuring trunion mounts produced by Raymarine, then Axiom or Axiom Pro MFDs would be recommended.

Q2 - instead of replacing the displays on the flybridge (maybe I'll wait until next year), can the external displays on the flybridge be driven by the outputs on the Axiom Pro/XL ? DVI output essentially ? I think the resolution is 1024x768. Would that cause a conflict with the external resolution different from the main display ? Then I could use the RMK keyboard to control on flybridge if I needed to. Main reason is mounting new displays on flybridge requires new panel board to be custom fit for the new 12" displays.. so working on getting the new system up and running before finalizing flybridge.
A2. The G-Series monitors are not suited for this application. The monitors would need to support 720P.

Q3. Hmm. Looks like I might have to wait a bit. No trubnuon kit for the axiom pro 16. There is a kit for the 9 and 12 but none for thev16. It says “coming soon” with the wrong part number associated with it - an Axxxxxxx parrbynver when it should be an Rxxxx partnunver.
A3. A ball mount plate (part #A80537) is available for the Axiom Pro 16 MFDs, permitting there use with a RAM mount.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-17-18 08:24 AM