Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
07-18-18, 02:37 PM
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
I would imagine that would have to be the case.. It woudlnt make sense to make it slower for sure.. that being said - a lot of the perception for speed is in the redraw of the maps as you scale in/out or move. . And the Axiom/Pro is first that this is no longer an annoying feature of the unit (the es/GS series came closer for sure, but the axiom is much better on many levels).

I doubt the remote control on a remote PC takes much processing to handle at all. Its not even doing RDP/VNC in any sort of capacity. It appears to just be a keyboard input mapping into USB via the touch screen with a HDMI passthrough for video. And i dont believe the larger screens on the new XL line change resolution - so the output requirements for CPU are the same regardless of screen size. I think this feature is present more in that the new XL actually has an HDMI input vs the actual processor capacity to have it vs the Axiom Pro that doesnt. . . Anyhow, enough debate.

Q1 - since the the GPM400 and the Axiom Pro./XL cant physically be on the same network - can you bring up a Axiom Pro without any real connections to it. It would just have its own GPS/plotter map.. this is just to bring it up side by side with existing and then work on gradually moving things over.

Q2 - if thats possible. I think my plan would be to get a Axiom Pro/XL up and running standalone and connected to the new HS5 standalone switch. Then I can move the HS Radar over to the new Axiom network as thats just an plug/cable conversion. , Then work on replacing the DSM300 with the CP370 and moved over to new HS5 switch. Followed by the instruments/autopilot on SeatalkNG. Is there anything I'm missing taking this approach ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit - anthem - 07-18-18 02:37 PM