Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
07-18-18, 03:44 PM
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
Ed,

Q1 - since the the GPM400 and the Axiom Pro./XL cant physically be on the same network - can you bring up a Axiom Pro without any real connections to it. It would just have its own GPS/plotter map.. this is just to bring it up side by side with existing and then work on gradually moving things over.
A1. It would indeed be possible install an Axiom Pro MFD alone as long as it's installation location afforded it to receive sufficient GPS signal strength to acquired and maintain an accurate GPS position FIX. Naturally, you're going to need a LightHouse, Navionics, or C-Map chart card for the Axiom Pro MFD. Similarly, the Axiom XL may be installed as a stand-alone product, but it would require an external GPS receiver, external chart card reader, and a LightHouse, Navionics, or C-Map chart card for the MFD.

Q2 - if thats possible. I think my plan would be to get a Axiom Pro/XL up and running standalone and connected to the new HS5 standalone switch. Then I can move the HS Radar over to the new Axiom network as thats just an plug/cable conversion. , Then work on replacing the DSM300 with the CP370 and moved over to new HS5 switch. Followed by the instruments/autopilot on SeatalkNG. Is there anything I'm missing taking this approach ?
A2. It sounds as though you're on the right track to incrementally and correctly creating the new system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-18-18 03:44 PM