Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
07-18-18, 06:33 PM
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit
yes. I scanned over the GS195 documentation and also found that the Axiom XL19 uses similar rear mounting bars (to wedge against the back of the surface to keep it from vibrating). I think I can get a metal fabricator to fabricate a bar/ball mount to mount two units side by side - before I make a wood helm enclosure lol).

Yes, completely forgot about the remote card reader. I'm used to the GPM which is tucked away and somewhat accessible. The thinking has to change with the standalone units. So yes, a remote card reader feeding one of the Axiom's would be the best option. Then the flybridge Axion Pro's would also share the same cartography data. GPS Source, I currently have the Ray130 I think. Getting a 150 to replace the 130 which is mounted in the flybridge enclosure would be easy to do. possibly more stable against GPS interference as well.

But glad I saw the rear mounting bars. I can either remanufacture the bars with their screw or get someone to fabricate something to mount with those bars. Time to reformulate my thoughts.

One last question - the 15" screens are actually larger than the 16" ones now (widescreen vs standard). So I might step up to the 19 Axiom XL. I see they are suposedly available, but everyone in channel is saying it isnt actually showing up in inventory. Any idea on their projected availability ?

Thanks a bunch for your help. Hopefully this thread can be a good resource to others doing something similar.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] GPM400 to Axiom Pro upgrade/retrofit - anthem - 07-18-18 06:33 PM