Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Rv100 shows deep depth falsely
07-19-18, 01:39 AM
RE: Rv100 shows deep depth falsely
In the meantime then, can you describe the sounder image (in traditional/200kHz, let's not worry about 3D for now as it is much more complex)?

Have you tried Manual Range, setting the range to something a bit deeper than the expected depth?

How sure are you that this is a speed-related problem, working at higher speeds, and not for example related to a change in bottom conditions that perhaps coincides with you leaving a no-wash zone or similar? If you're sure it's speed, not location that's the factor that makes it work, there are three things that spring to my mind:
- poor flow of water or aeration across the transducer face when the boat is displacement/ploughing but not when planing
- a noise signal related to speed, e.g. hull section resonating with a harmonic of engine revs (this really happens, and just like a rattle in your car - or at least my car - is engine-rev-range specific)
- low supply voltage to the display, starving the sounder ping reservoir and preventing proper sounder power output, which is resolved when you get some surface charge in the batteries.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rv100 shows deep depth falsely - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-19-18 01:39 AM