Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing a SeaTalk-ng MFD to an older 150/400 autopilot
01-05-17, 09:19 AM
RE: Introducing a SeaTalk-ng MFD to an older 150/400 autopilot
Raystar 130 connection via Seatalk-seatalkng converter:
I have a pretty outdated raymarine setup: Rl70C chartplotter, St 60 instruments and ST6002 autopilot connected to a Type 150/400 course computer. The Raystar 120 GPS has now failed and I am trying to install a RS 130 GPS using the seatalk to seatalk ng converter. I am linking the new GPS to the white socket, the old seatalk signal to the yellow socket and the power cable to the other white socket. The blue sockets are stoppered with the seatalk terminators. There are two SeaTalk connections to the Course Computer. I think the one bus is for the ST60 instruments and ST6001 and the second SeaTalk is connected to the RL70C chartplotter.
My questions are:
1) Should both the red wires to the two Seatalk busses at the course computer be disconnected?
2) I have tried to remove the red wires from the plastic connection on the course computer and cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to remove the wire!!?(see attached photo)

Thanks,
John.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introducing a SeaTalk-ng MFD to an older 150/400 autopilot - oceanharmony - 01-05-17 09:19 AM