Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] iTC-5 Data Rates
07-23-18, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 12:07 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
iTC-5 Data Rates
I installed an iTC-5 in a friends boat to replace older ST-60 displays with more modern NMEA-2000 displays. The iTC-5 provided an easy and inexpensive method to use the old depth and speed transducers and supply the needed sensor data on the NMEA 2000 bus (using Seatalk NG to Micro-C connectors).

It works well. I was wondering what the data update rate from the iTC-5 for the converted data on the NMEA 2000 bus. I could not find this in the iTC-5 specifications - http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=3338

I would like to feed Expedition on a PC using an Actisence NGT-1-USB from the NMEA 2000 bus for performance processing and am interested in having a data rate greater than 1 per second.

Bill Kneller
Vento Solare, J/109 #266
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-18, 12:13 AM
RE: iTC-5 Data Rates
Hello Bill,

The data rates for the ITC5's instrument data messages are governed by the NMEA2000 specification, which is why we don't state them separately I would assume. The standard Speed and Depth PGNs (128259, 128267) are 1Hz, whereas the wind (130306) is 10Hz according to the spec. There is no setting to override these defaults on the ITC5.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply