Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro 9 Phantom input from rotary control
08-27-18, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 12:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom Pro 9 Phantom input from rotary control
When out training we experienced the following on one of our Axiom Pro 9's:

The port MFD started to continually zoom the chart out to maximum range. When zoomed back in using touch, the chart instantly zoomed back out. Pressed power once to enable touch-lock but the MFD appeared to power off (see below). Pressed and held power button - nothing seemed to happen. Eventually realized the MFD had restarted but was very dim. Pressed power button once and turned brightness up, but it instantly turned itself back down. Turned touch-lock on, but issue continued with brightness continually turning down. Repeated this a few times, and the issue suddenly stopped.

Having had time to think about this, the MFD was behaving as if the rotary control was being continually turned counter clockwise - which would keep zooming the plotter out. When I pressed power once to try to get to touch-lock, this also brings up the brightness control which is controlled with the rotary dial - so the brightness then turned itself right down, which I mistook for the MFD going off. Holding the power button did restart the system but it took a while to realize owing the lack of brightness. When the brightness was turned up the 'phantom' signal from the rotary dial just turned in down again.

We are concerned that this could be a hardware issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-18, 12:43 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro 9 Phantom input from rotary control
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum delsey,

Unfortunately, based upon the symptoms reported, I too believe that the MFD may have suffered a failure of its hardware. If purchased within the last 30 days, it is recommended that the MFD be returned to your authorized Raymarine dealer for replacement. I purchased more than 30 days ago, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-30-18, 04:06 PM
Thank you - we will work through our supplier to progress this issue.
08-31-18, 09:22 AM
You're welcome.