Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Radar Wi-Fi
04-24-16, 03:09 PM
Quantum Radar Wi-Fi
I am installing a new A97 and a Quantum radar unit. My plan is to install just the power cable to the radar, without the RayNet cable, and then connect the A97 to the Quantum via Wi-Fi. My question is if I make the Wi-Fi connection to the Quantum radar, will I be able to simultaneously connect my iPhone or iPad to the A97 Wi-Fi or can there only be one Wi-Fi connection at a time?

If I can only make one connection then I will need to make the RayNet connection.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-16, 02:45 PM
RE: Quantum Radar Wi-Fi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum on the job,

It is indeed possible to command one's Wi-Fi equipped a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD to connect via Wi-Fi to a Quantum radome and simultaneously use the Raymarine apps to remotely view the MFD's screen and command the MFD.
05-10-16, 04:29 PM
Will the Quantum radar work with my RayMarine e7D? Thanks in advance!

Kevin
05-10-16, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-16 12:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Kevin,

The Quantum radomes may be used with any a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD which has been updated with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update.
05-11-16, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-16 12:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck!

How do I get the software update, then how do I install the update to my e7D MFD?

Thanks again,

Kevin
05-11-16, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-16 12:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Good Morning Chuck,

Is it advisable when installing the Quantum radar to also include the Santa cable even though this is WiFi capable? One last thing, I have a "quick" reference guide and installation instructions but not the instructions on how use the e7D... Where to get theses instructions as well.

Thanks!

Kevin
05-12-16, 12:21 PM
Kevin,

My initial response to this thread included a link to the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD Software Update web page. On that web page you will find links to download the software update file and a link to the Software Update Instructions FAQ.

While it is expected that the Wi-Fi communications link should be satisfactory unto itself, installation of a Digital Radar Cable will create add a degree of communications redundancy to communications between the MFD and radome.

The latest versions of Raymarine Product Documents (reflecting the features and menus of the latest product software updates) may be downloaded from the RayMarine's Manuals and Documents web page. The web page also includes a link providing an option to order hard copies of Raymarine documents.