Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Dragonfly 4 Pro not working after changing trnasducer cable
09-13-18, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-18 08:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Dragonfly 4 Pro not working after changing trnasducer cable
I just changed the transducer cable from my Dragonfly 4 Pro and my Fishfinder is dead nothing, zip, nada. It's getting power. I wrapped the ground around the negative lead as well as separately grounding it to the chassis and still nothing. Is there an internal fuse somewhere that I don't know about? What else could be the problem? It was just working with the old cable but that cable was getting beat up so I changed it. Now I cannot get it to work with either cable. Any Ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-18, 08:41 AM
RE: [CA11] Dragonfly 4 Pro not working after changing trnasducer cable
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jeffeo,

It is recommended that the power and ground connections be inspected to ensure that they are free of corrosion and tight. If so, then it is recommended that the Dragonfly Power/Transducer Cable's be tested for power at the plug itself. If power is present, then it would be recommended that the display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. If not, then please note that the Dragonfly Power/Transducer Cable does indeed feature an internal fuse. Should the above have been satisfied and no power be measured at the plug, then it would be recommended that the Dragonfly Power/Transducer Cable be replaced by your Raymarine dealer. Alternatively, a Dragonfly Extension Cable may be installed on the end of the currently installed Power/Transducer Cable to power the Dragonfly display. Dragonfly Extension Cables have power leads designed to bypass the power leads of the Power/Transducer Cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply