Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i70s Wind display page
10-02-18, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-18 10:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] i70s Wind display page
Hi-

I would prefer to purchase several i70s displays instead of a single i70s along with a couple of dedicated function displays. However, it's not clear to me if the i70s can do what I want/need.

Please see the attached image file which illustrates my questions.

How can the i70s wind display page be customized such that it displays a non-shaded gap between port and stbd tacks and also displays wind angle instead of compass heading? In other words, how can an i70s page be customized so the display looks like an i60s display?

Page 52 of the i70s has an image that suggests the non-shaded gap is possible. However, I have not found explicit instructions on how this is done or how to display wind angle instead of compass heading within the same image.

Thanks, Roger
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-18, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-18 01:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] i70s Wind display page
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Roger,

As you have suggested the i60 Wind instrument features a red colored sector (from 20 degrees to port to 60 degrees to port). The i60 Wind instrument also features a green colored sector (from 20 degrees to starboard to 60 degrees to starboard). Other sectors of the i60 Wind instrument's face are colored black. Similarly, but in contrast to the page of the owner's manual which you have referenced, the graphic for the AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID features a red colored sector (from 0 degrees to port to 60 degrees to port). The graphic for the AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID also features a green colored sector (from 0 degrees to port to 60 degrees to starboard). Other sectors of the AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID are colored black. The Heading Multigauge grapical data item shown on the page of the i70/i70S MFID owner's manual which you have referenced colors the sectors using the same scheme specified above for AWA & AWS graphical data item. The i70/i70S cannot be configured to color the sector from port 20 to starboard 20 to be colored black as it is on the face of the i60 Wind Instrument.
10-02-18, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-18 02:51 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck- thanks for your quick reply.

With regard to the "AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID" can display AWA or TWA in the graphical circular display area instead of compass bearing. Can this be done?

Thanks again, Roger
10-02-18, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-18 06:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Roger,

Q1. With regard to the "AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID" can display AWA or TWA in the graphical circular display area instead of compass bearing. Can this be done?
A1. Negative. The graphical data items supported by the i70/i70S MFIDs are not designed to be reconfigured with regard to the data items displayed within them. The graphical data items are designed into the i70/i70S MFID's software. The AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID is specifically designed to report apparent wind data.
10-02-18, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-18 06:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

Given that the "AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID" is unable to display the AWA as part of the graphic, I am left wondering if I am interpretting the display correctly. Does Raymarine have a diagram that labels what different items on the display represent? For example, is the heavy black triangle shown on top representing the boat's bearing or wind angle? I thought it may be wind angle and would move off to the side when not motoring into the wind, but now I'm not certain.

Roger
10-02-18, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-18 12:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Roger,

Q1. Given that the "AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID" is unable to display the AWA as part of the graphic, I am left wondering if I am interpretting the display correctly.
A1. Your statement is incorrect. AWA & AWS graphical data item of the i70/i70S MFID is designed and capable of displaying apparent wind data. It is not capable of being configured by the user to display true wind data. As indicated within my earlier response, the Heading Multigauge grapical data item is that which is shown on the page of the i70/i70S MFID owner's manual which you initially referenced. The software of the i70/i70S MFID supports displaying true wind data as a separate data item which may in turn be displayed via new page of your creation within the i70/i70S MFID Favorites feature. Screen snapshots of the AWA & AWS graphical data item and the TWS & TWA graphical data items have been attached to this response.

The complete list of data items which may be used to populate the cells of a Favorites page may be found within Chapter 9.1- Data items of the i70S Installation and Operation Instructions.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-05-18, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-18 08:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck-

Thanks for posting the images I requested- they help a lot. What do the red and white dots on the edge of the graphics represent?

Roger
10-05-18, 08:28 AM
Roger,

The red and white dots indicate min and max wind angles.